18'' x 12-3/4'' x 6'' ALUMINUM CASE

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Wed Oct 31 16:00:37 MST 2007

I got a $20 one from Lowe's that I used for years.  It looks good, and doesn't transfer dirt from one customer's home to the next.

I had no problem with the hinge or latches, but the clasp for the divider separated early on.  Dan Levitan of NY makes his own "tool pallets" from perforated aluminum (looks almost like a screen) and elastic straps, so you place everything where you want it.  I use a soft-sided one from Pianotek now for my regulating tools, and just a messenger bag for my tuning kit with invoices and a few hand tools for fallboards and benches.

--Cy--