Bean Bag

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Fri Aug 1 08:36:59 MDT 2008

Hello Paul -
This seems like an original question / thread, so I'm wondering why
Anyway, I have a Spurlock damper jig, including the bean bag, however
I find I don't end up using the bag that often.  It's not efficient
when first installing dampers, though this could just be a evolved
preference.  It takes the place of developing a tactile
sensitivity...pressing down slightly when tightening the damper
screw, after which I tap, lightly, on the top front of the damper
lever.  It should make a noise when it contacts the horizontal
surface of the jig.  If it doesn't, either there is no gap or too
much.  Of course, you first have to have previously made certain that
all the wires are free in the top flange hole.   I try to find other
uses for the bag.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY