No- shows..... again

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Fri Aug 1 14:02:06 MDT 2008

Best No Show (for me)

The job involved removing the 'drawer' in a Recordo grand to bring in to the shop for rebuild.  The customer lived an hour and a half away (one way) in a gated community south of Tampa, FL.  She had told me that she would be meeting her husband at the airport, but that she would leave my name with the guard at the gate, and the house key would be under the front mat.

Seeing as I knew extra hands would be useful in the drawer removal, my dad accompanied me on the trip.

(Can you anticipate what happened?)

After battling our way through Tampa and hauling down the east side of Tampa Bay to Symphony Isles (no kidding), we arrived at the guard shack.  Pleasant older man emerged and I announced my name, my customer's name, and my purpose for being there.  He hadn't a clue.  The customer had forgotten to tell him.  How frustrating to be sitting there, knowing that just several streets away was that house key waiting for me.

We drove the hour and a half back home and I immediately called the customer getting her answering machine.  I left a pleasant, chiding message.  She called back that evening to apologize and I could hear her husband, in the background, kiddingly giving her grief.  We made a new appointment and she assured me that the guard would be told.  I asked for the phone number at the guard shack!   I called him before I headed out to her house, and every time in the future.

Debbie L.