Plate Lettering

Nick Gravagne gravagnegang at att.net
Fri Aug 1 14:21:49 MDT 2008

Hi All,

This is a new thread RE Plate Lettering.

What are some of the favorite methods out there these days? I have always
used Black Enamel and a small brush, but I have never felt all that
comfortable with it. How about black felt pens?

Also, any advice on letter/number transfers (from stationery stores, etc.)
would be appreciated. Last time I tried this on a newly lacquered plate the
transfers didn't really "take".

Thanks

Nick Gravagne, RPT

Piano Technicians Guild