No- shows..... again

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Fri Aug 1 17:45:25 MDT 2008

Yea Nick,
I am always reassured in this day of technology when standing on a porch I dial a number (dial?) on my cell phone and hear a phone ringing in the house.
I used to work for a piano rental company, Earl Gardner, back some 30 years. Anyway, a client had not paid in months if not years and never was home when we were out with the truck. Then one evening the light was on and we knocked on the door. There was the piano right where we had delivered it some years back, the same piano but different people. Earl let them know that was his piano and he wanted it back, these people said no way it theirs and we'd best be leaving or they'd call the cops. Anyway, somehow Earl makes his way in with the contract to prove the piano is his, he lifts the lid to see the serial number, they were right, it was their piano. Same brand, same place, different channel.
Fenton