MH BB Pinblock

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Aug 1 18:42:36 MDT 2008

> So I'm pulling apart this MH BB ( 1970's) and when the plate comes out the
> pin block, which I bumped ever so slightly, falls onto the key bed.  Not
> secured to the stretcher or the rim--piano sounds pretty good too.  So much
> for the "circle of sound".  But I'm thinking, should I make this replacement
> block a full fit block or not.  Arguments for and why bother?
>
> Thanks.
>
> David Love

If you didn't notice any subtle deficiencies from lack
thereof, like periodic spontaneous self destruct, I doubt
there's any compelling reason to do it. But then reinforcing
structure, however redundant, may not be necessary, but
couldn't hurt. I'd probably dowel or screw it to the rim, but
not the stretcher (which I see no benefit to), on reassembly.

Ron N