Plate Lettering

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 2 09:24:27 MDT 2008

Up until last year I was able to purchase 4 full sheets of numerals ( 8, 10,
12, and 14 font size) for about $4 a pack. Those packets have disappeared
from the likes of Office Depot, Staples, and most hobby stores. Apparently
the rub on numbers packets were aimed at the architects doing blueprint
prep. Most blueprint work is ( now) done digitally, thus the demand for
number transfers has shrunk.
Decals Unlimited carries the numbers for about $20 for one set of number
transfers which is outrageous. I understand the need for them to recoup
their cost due to the cost of ordering for x amt. of specialty transfers.
I'm just amazed that the supply of generic rub on numbers has disappeared
from the shelves as quickly as they have.
What are the rest of you using for string scale markings? I'm thinking of
going to a series of rubber stamps but would prefer the clean lines of the
rub on transfers. Any thoughts?
Tom Servinsky