Decapping the bridge

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Aug 3 16:22:50 MDT 2008

I am perhaps the least experienced on this list with this kind of
work... but each time I've recapped leaving most / all of the root I
have filled bridge holes with epoxy and 3 mm bamboo sticks. First fill
with enough epoxy, then push the bamboo stick into the hole shear off
and wipe off excess epoxy. Similar to the way some Wapin installers fill
the old bridge pin holes before drilling new vertical holes.

Cheers
RicB

    Let me add another question - are you lads and lassies plugging the old
    bridge pin holes left in the root, or leaving them?  Particularly
    where you
    are leaving so much of the root, that would seem to be an important
    question
    here.

    Will Truitt