/Steinway B

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Aug 5 04:14:13 MDT 2008

Thats how I read your initial post, and why I suggested plugging and
rebushing the guide hole. That said you want to be sure of the cause.
Should be rather easy to establish whether there is too much play in the
bushing or not.

Cheers
RicB

    Actually I think it's clacking is mainly from the fact that the
    bushing cloth in the damper guide rail wears very quickly from the
    uneven pressure of the offset damper head and wire.
    les