Value of old S&S B

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Aug 5 13:58:41 MDT 2008

Fenton asks:

<< old 6'10" Steinway s/n 68xxx, 85 note with intact ivory,

original finish was ebony now ugly antique white with all original case

parts in reasonable condition. Piano is basically a rebuildable shell

needing a board along with everything else but it is playable and usable as

is.

In trying to advise my client I would like to give them some idea as to it's

as is value and potental completely restored value. >>

Greetings,
         As a rough guide, I think Steinways needing total everything are
usually selling for about $1,000 per foot. If it is a natural wood finish, about
$ 1,500 per foot.  If it has some custom cabinet work, $ 1,700-2000 per foot.
Perfect ivory adds about $ 500,  significantly loose veneer subtract $ 1,000,
and if there is sentimental value, none of the above numbers apply.
     These are mid-America prices here in Gnashville,  the East and West
coast numbers may be different.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits
in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.<BR>
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017 )</HTML>