/steinway B

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Aug 5 16:25:49 MDT 2008

For one clacking damper ? Well... like I said I'd look closely at the
whole set to see if its about due anyways... especially when dealing
with the double cloth bushed type. That said... a quick plug and drill
would suffice for one damper. I suppose I should have added that its a
good idea to proceed by first drilling to about a 5 mm hole so the
drilled plug isn't subject to the thin wall syndrome, tho seems to me
that if the glue is of appropriate art and set enough that shouldn't
really be a problem anyways.

Cheers
RicB

        I would think it to be much easier to just cut a new rail and drill
        away.....

        Terry Farrell