/steinway B

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Aug 5 16:34:52 MDT 2008

It is exactly the influence of Ken Sloane that has prompted my responses
so far.  Remember folks... if we are to take Les at his word... which I
do having read enough of his posts through the years to know there is
more then a reasonable chance that it is worthwhile doing so... then we
are talking about one (double cloth bushed) damper thats clacking.
Everything else is usable.

Either plug and drill the one... or go for the gusto and do a whole rail
for experience.

Cheers
RicB

    Talk to Ken Sloane at Oberlin.  He's brilliant.  Fun too. I learned
    so much from him it's amazing.  I could teach you myself, but I'll
    leave out a couple of things.  He taught two of us how to remake
    guide rails from scratch.  Go to Oberlin for Steinway teaching.
    it's great. Use maple for the rail. It might be less time to make a
    new rail than mess with a couple of misfits. Just my 2 cents.

    Paul

    PW