Cutting rib radii

Mike Morvan keymaestro at verizon.net
Wed Aug 6 11:25:24 MDT 2008

David,
    Have you considered CNC technology? in my opinion it is the way to go.
We have made several rib and soundboard shaping cauls for bellymen. The
general consensus of the people we have done work for is that in some cases
they simply can not make the complex geometrical shapes that they require or
would like to have with traditional woodworking equipment. CAD (computer
aided design) and CAM (computer aided manufacture) coupled with a CNC
machine capable of true 3-axis/3 dimensional machining is becoming the new
standard for these complex shapes. Good Luck, Mike
Blackstone Valley piano
Michael A. Morvan
76 Sutton Street
Uxbridge, Ma 01569