keytop planer

Matt Wynne ptuner at optonline.net
Thu Aug 7 17:41:51 MDT 2008

Greetings fellow piano wizards:

I searched the archive for this info before this post and there
doesn't seem to be much specific info.

I have been using a table saw to remove old keytops for years and I
would like to switch to a planer, which seems to be a little more civilized.

I purchased a Ryobi planer, but it has a stock feeder which pulls
work in, but is not conducive to pulling the work out again.  The
feeder cannot be disabled.

I was hoping that any of you who use a planer for keytop removal
would be willing to share what type of planer you use.  Since I need
to acquire one, it probably won't be useful to post about a machine
that's been in use for 20 years and no longer readily available.

Thanks in advance,
Matt