RE; There Was Blood - Safety, Some Sites For Learning

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 22:28:04 MDT 2008

Hi Ed, Glad you survived and I'm glad you didn't miss that tuning, been
there.
I wasn't bleeding, I had burdock lodged in my cornea which the walk-in Doc
mistook for an infection 5 days later I can hardly open that eye and have a
concert tuning that afternoon!
My wife got me in to see my eye guy who removed the burdock and put me on
the right eyedrops, I went home a slept for 2 hours, got up, dressed and
drove 40 miles ain a snow storm to do that tuning, under flourescent lights
wearing dark sunglasses(my eye was still partially dilated.

For Joel, David, Fenton, ED and anyone else myself included,
I think Ed's book may be one source, I took shop in Jr High and High school
so I have the rudiments from those years but find myself not being as
careful as I should. I googled power tool safety and found some good info on

http://www.toolcrib.com/blog/2007/08/22/the-seven-golden-rules-of-power-tool-safety/
These 3 sites are all from that site and there are more, I just found these
to be the most informational IMHO.
Basic Woodshop Safety <http://www.inthewoodshop.org/safety/wwd01.shtml>
Shop Safety Checklist<http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/story.jhtml?storyid=/templatedata/wood/story/data/267.xml&catref=wd25>
Using your Woodworking Tools
Safely<http://woodworking.about.com/od/safetyfirst/Using_your_Woodworking_Tools_Safely.htm>(in
depth stuff from About.com)
For those of you who wish to, there is a wealth of free info under shop
safety, tool safety as well as power tool safety, on google, just pick and
choose what seems like the best approach to your personal style and dig in.
Mike

--
I feel sorry for the person who can't get genuinely excited about his work.
Not only will he never be satisfied, but he will never achieve anything

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com <http://www.ifixpianos.com/>