keytop planer

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Fri Aug 8 16:32:57 MDT 2008

Rob --

This idea has great potential. I can visualize inserting the key at one
end of a square tube, mounted to a piece of plywood, with an exhaust
port at the other end connected to shop vacuum or dust collection
system. The router would mount to the top of the tube. The dust
collector keeps the bottom of the tube clean for accurate planing of the
key stick.

I can see the need for some modifications to make it actually work well,
and then it might even be safe!

Tom Cole