Customer Complaints on Tunings

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 13:14:31 MDT 2008

Hi All,

I feel for you guys and I have been there, lady of the house says the top
octave doesn't work on their new Kimball, can I fix it, it's working fine.
I'm trying to think of how to tell her when the husband comes home, he can't
hear them either! Their daughter stops by and she can't hear them either. I
go to the last note they can hear, go to the next note up and de-tune it to
the pitch below that they could hear and show them it's working. I then
explain about hearing loss.

I tuned a piano for a retired band director and was called back a few days
later by him claiming it was flat. I returned and checked it and found a few
mild unisons that needed tweaking but the major tuning was sound. He
then starts his turntable and begins playing with a record and says see how
flat it is? It took a 1/2 hour and a call to a major electronics store to
prove to him that all turntables do not turn at exactly 33&1/3 rpm
especially old ones like his! They did sell a turntable that did, it was
"tunable", the speed could be adjusted with a slider control, I assume it
sped up or slowed down the motor.

Mike

--
I feel sorry for the person who can't get genuinely excited about his work.
Not only will he never be satisfied, but he will never achieve anything

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com