Chickering & Sons

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Aug 11 16:14:05 MDT 2008

Ahhhhhhh,  even more enlightened now...(remember rebuilding the desk for
me years ago in Aberdeen???)

Even more corectively standing. Still.. the newer ones...a crude
instrument at best compared to the Chickering of old....(Those still were
piano to piano good or fare... I liked my 1919 quarter grand, sold it
restrung for a good price, installed hammers a few years later and was
still actually pretty nice.  great bass!)

Paul

"Delwin D Fandrich" <fandrich at pianobuilders.com>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
08/11/2008 04:03 PM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

"'Pianotech List'" <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Chickering & Sons

Yes, with the exception that Wurlitzer owned the name for a few years in
between. That, incidentally, is how Baldwin ended up with the Chickering
name. Baldwin bought Wurlitzer.

ddf