Rates, etc

Jim jim at jimkinnear.com
Tue Aug 12 06:26:02 MDT 2008

Every now and then, this topic ( of rates ) comes up, and there are the
usual bevy of cautions, warnings etc about Trade commissions, price
discussions etc, mostly I think  of concern to the US practitioners.

I can not believe, that with all the goings on in both our countries
around, say the price of fuel,  and how every station mirrors every other
one, matching every increase within minutes, that there would be any
concern about a few crusty old piano tuners ( self included here ) having
a general discussion about what might be a fair cost . .  Note I said
'discussion', not an oath to agree to all charge the same !!! . . . Leave
that to the gas companies.

John, in far away Nova Scotia, does anyone in the provincial gov't actually
give two hoots what you charge for your services??
I don't think there is anyone here in Ontario, other than the tax guys who
want 'their share', that even knows, let alone is watching closely . . .

Are there gov't groups in the US that have nothing better to do ??

Amazing . . .

regards

Jim Kinnear
Collingwood, ON