Harpsichord Soundboards

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 12 10:49:18 MDT 2008

>To all
>Dose anyone have a US source for Harpsichord soundboard blanks?
>I've not, yet, contacted Andre B
>Church fire/water (moisture) damage/ dim: 46cm x 160 cm
>Assistance is appreciated.
>Gerry
>Gerry Cousins, RPT
>cousins_gerry at msn.com

Who built the harpsichord? I would start there if it's a well-known builder still in business. Otherwise contact the two US harpsichord kit-makers - Hubbard in Sudbury MA  <http://www.hubharp.com> or Zuckerman in Stonington, Conn. <http://zhi.net/>. Zuckerman advertises soundboards on their website. Hubbard runs a full restoration shop and a parts supply house (as well as building new instruments) - so I'm pretty sure they could knock one out for you. Make sure you are clear on how to install it - because it's very different from a piano soundboard...

Israel Stein