Center Pin

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Aug 15 07:16:58 MDT 2008

If you're worried about contamination, just wear some cotton gloves. I
just use my fingers and you'll get a feel for where the bird's eye is.
Just takes a few times to get the hang of it

Paul

"William Monroe" <pianotech at a440piano.net>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
08/14/2008 07:44 PM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

"Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Center Pin

OK, reasonable enough assumption, I suppose.  Hadn't considered the
contamination issue.  With that in mind I'd probably try just needle nose
pliers first.  I'd think the endless locking and unlocking of the
vise-grips would become tiresome.

William R. Monroe
SNIP

At some point someone harped about how the oil from your skin could get on
the pin and possibly cause malfunction in the future.  This fellow always
pinned with a small set of vise-grips.

SNIP
Shawn Brock, RPT

What is the best way to hold a center pin while you get it started to push
it through the hole?

Matthew