Customer Complaint on Tuning

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Aug 15 13:15:21 MDT 2008

> So she calls me just now ranting and raving "it's all wrong, it's all
> wrong".  She says even her students are complaining. What the ........

If they are, some of them ought to be willing to show up and
demonstrate the problem for you and describe what's "wrong",
since the PT apparently can't. I seriously doubt this will happen.

> So I guess the next step is to simply tell her that I don't seem to be
> able to satisfy her piano service needs and that she might be more
> satisfied with someone else's services. But that leaves one question
> remaining - in her view I have not tuned her piano - in my view I have.
> I don't think I should be returning her $95 (yeah, yeah, I didn't charge
> her for the pitch raise....). But then again, I'm sure she's on some
> sort of fixed income, and I've really never had an unhappy customer
> before......

I have yet to have a doctor offer to waive his fee even when
what he did made things much worse than they originally were.
They don't guarantee satisfaction for very good reasons, and I
don't see that you owe her a thing.

> I don't think there is any real good resolution to this situation.

There's not even a satisfactory resolution. You stepped in an
existing pile you didn't make, and reasoning with it won't get
it off your shoe. Refund if you need to, for yourself, but
scrape her off immediately. Any further dealings with her
constitutes self abuse.

Ron N