Seiler is insolvent

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 16 03:56:16 MDT 2008

After Ibach another traditional German piano manufacturer has gone insolvent: Seiler, founded in 1849, has still 60 workers and counts to the biggest German producers after Schimmel, Bechstein and Steinway Hamburg. 5 potential investors are discussed, but I could not find any names in the press. It´s still unclear what will hapen with Seiler and it´s production in Germany. The aim of the liquidator is to save all the 60 jobs. I am anxious to hear who will buy the factory and the brand: another German producer, an Asian company? We will see.

Gregor