Soundboard question

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Aug 18 10:45:14 MDT 2008

I really don't know for sure, but my guess is that the compression set
damage would occur locally - most likely in linear bands of lower wood
strength (resistance to crushing). So you'd end up with 90% of the panel
more-or-less undamaged and 10% of it severely damaged and prone to cracking
very easy, etc. It might be a bit more stable with fluctuating RH I suppose,
but I suspect you'd be a lot better off by simply starting with a laminated
panel to begin with.

Terry Farrell