Tuning stability and efficiency

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 12:43:27 MDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Phil Bondi <phil at philbondi.com> wrote:

> Ben, re-read Tom Servinsky's post, and apply.
>
> A fellow 1-2 wedge convert,
>
> -Phil Bondi(Fl)

Hi Ben,

I've been an aural tuner for almost 40 years now, I still use my temperament
strip, for the center section of the piano. I was taught to do that by a
gentleman who was the tuner/tech for the Minneapolis Symphony and have never
seen a sound reason for changing something that works.
I tune the rest of the piano with a strip mute in the bass made from a piece
of back rail cloth. I use a three rubber mute system in the upper tenor and
treble.
I tuned a 6 foot Conover grand down to pitch from 20 to 25c sharp in, for
the most part, a single pass last Thursday for a wedding on Saturday.

Mike

--
I feel sorry for the person who can't get genuinely excited about his work.
Not only will he never be satisfied, but he will never achieve anything

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com