preferred repair

Jean and David Weiss djweiss at ntelos.net
Sat Aug 23 08:38:51 MDT 2008

List,

With a small clean crack on a key button is it better to glue it and then
glue a piece of veneer along the side of the key, or is it more

"craftsman-like" to replace the key button completely?

The veneer repair is 5 minutes in the client's house, but the repair will be
visible for all eternity.  (Not to the client, but only to another
technician.)

To replace the key button I have to bring the key back to my shop, set up
the router, etc.  More involved, but 20 years later the repair is not at all
visible.

Normally I wouldn't obsess this much but this client just paid $50,000 for
her rebuilt S&S A.

David Weiss