preferred repair

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 23 12:15:38 MDT 2008

David,

If this were my client, I would first determine if the split could be
reglued without needing a veneer reinforcement.  This would be my first
choice, but only if I believed it would be durable and inconspicuous.
Otherwise, replace the button.  BTW, I would want the keyframe and
neighboring keys in my shop to make sure I really matched the appearance
and alignment of the buttons.

Mike