crazy summer part I

richard.ucci at att.net richard.ucci at att.net
Tue Aug 26 07:02:51 MDT 2008

It's been a crazy summer.
On Sat.July 19th,(a beautiful beach day), I'm sitting on the beach having just taken a dip and listening to my ipod. I decide to check my phone for any calls, and find four messages from the convention center, Plaza entertainment , Clear Channel.etc.

I speak to the Clear Channel rep who informs me that Elton Johns tuner is a no show.
"Is there any way you can get here in 30min.?"

I hesitate for a moment, (did I mention it was a great beach day?) and then say "Sure , I've got my tools in the car , but I'm in a wet bathing suit and kind of sandy."

"We don't care". Threre were four other dudes in the office scrambling to find a tech , and one did find another tech who came and tuned the piano.

I was a little bummed out , missing a chance to tune for Elton. But , It was a great beach day...

Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano