Tuning Service/Dampp-Chaser Service

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Wed Aug 27 21:56:01 MDT 2008

Hi Dean,

Water Softners replace calcium ions with sodium ions. The result is a
bucket of very salty water by the end of a year. Salty water is not so good
for piano wire, so I'm told by the folks who live on our coasts.

Reverse Osmosis water, or distilled water both will work so long as the
first "fill" is regular tap water.

Where I live pads using regular water need to be replaced four times per
year. I train my clients to do this task.

At 09:12 AM 8/27/2008 -0400, you wrote:
>Soft water works very well, also. If it is a church I just recommend they
>find a member with a softener at home and have them bring a gallon jug every
>week.
>
>Dean
Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7