A new scenario for me

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Fri Aug 29 13:45:01 MDT 2008

Hi all.

-client needs new bass strings (don't ask), but string maker
wants to see the whole set. Apparently, there's 3 different
scales for this particular Yamaha. Yamaha can supply the
right scale, but I already quoted the client a price, and
Yamaha's price is near double what the other string maker
wants for the same set.

-Piano is in client's home.

Obviously, I need to remove the old strings so the right
scale can be made, but is there any danger of keeping the
rest of the piano at pitch while I'm waiting for the return
of these strings?

Sorry if this seems academic to some..I've never been here
before, so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

-Phil Bondi(Fl)