Steve Blasyak atuneforyou at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 16:22:10 MDT 2008

William,

Thank you for your quick response. You are spot on with what I thought the
instructor meant, but I was not real sure if I was interpreting it
correctly. In fact I believe he used the term in the context of leaving a
performance piano with the pins loaded.

I could not agree with you more in my limited experience, I feel much more
comfortable leaving all things equal and set, or as you stated at
"equilibrium". When I know or think I know a pin is set I don't want to mess
with loading it. This could go with the current thread on floating the
pitch. If you think the pitch may change by performance time, tune it sharp
or flat by your estimates with the pins set not loaded.

Thanks again for your insight on this matter.

Steve Blasyak RPT
Orange county Chapter

Pura Vida