[pianotech] Tuning

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 07:49:46 PST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Avery Todd <ptuner1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> List, I just got this email. Guess what my response was? LOL
>

> >We live in the Spring, Texas area and am looking for price quote to do an
> in-home tuning of a 1978 Winter Spinet upright which has >not been tuned
> since it's original delivery date, 30 years ago.
>
>  It's too far away from where I live anyway!
>
> Avery

Hi Avery,

It may be a family heirloom, you never know! I just replaced a set of
plastic elbows and did the first steps of a full step pitch raise on a 50+
YO Gulbranson spinet, a blonde one yet, always had a soft spot for blondes
(grin). I drove about 40 miles to do it and the 9 YO girl was ecstatic that
she now has a piano to practice on at home instead of having to practice at
school every day. Nice people!
Mike
--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404