[pianotech] key bushing sizing...

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Fri Dec 5 20:11:51 PST 2008

key bushing sizing...Hi David,

I've done just that sometimes.  I use hot hide, and it works fine.  I prefer overnite; I feel like my results are more consistent in terms of sizing, but 6 hrs. really is plenty for drying.  If you have time, it would be beneficial to come through with a key bushing iron with the appropriate caul size to do final sizing.

William R. Monroe

List,
  I'm having some time constraints with 10 pianos and just a few days.   If I left the cauls in for 6 hours instead of over night would they dry enough?   That way I could come back and do couple more pianos and leave those overnight...

  David Ilvedson, RPT
  Pacifica, CA 94044