[pianotech] Where is young Chang service dept/appeal for parts

Rob & Helen Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Fri Dec 12 11:14:53 PST 2008

Hello,

Has anyone been in touch with the Young Chang service dept. lately? I need a
few parts and I have called several times.  No receptionist ever answers the
phone, even if pressing "0" for the operator.  I only get the automated
menu.  Then the service dept. phone rings, no one answers, and goes to voice
mail. I leave a message to call back and nothing happens.  I've been trying
for two weeks!

Does anyone know what's going on? I've been hearing some dismal rumors
lately about the financial health of the company, I'm guessing a skeleton
staff is running things at the moment but answering a parts dept. phone
shouldn't be a big deal.

Does anyone have a set of surplus keys and/or lid and fall board from a
junked out Young Chang TG-150?  Those are the things I need.  I know Y.C.
stocks these, I talked to them about it a year ago.  Some idiot bought a
brand new piano, financed it, but didn't make a single payment on it.  When
the lender ordered the movers to repo the piano the dork got out a hammer
and beat it up right there in front of them in a tantrum.  (I bet is credit
rating is fabulous now).   The piano is salvageable but I need the above
mentioned parts.

Rob Goodale, RPT

Las Vegas, NV