[pianotech] Winter

Mark Potter bases-loaded76 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 12 13:05:19 PST 2008

Ron -

As a frequent sufferer, timely post, needless to say...

For splits - for which hand creams only mess up possible fixes - I have had good success with medium viscosity CA.  Slower than tape to apply, and I suppose fraught with danger (gluing the applicator hand to the wounded digit), but nearly invisible and pretty hearty when correctly applied.  I little dabble dooya.  A God-send when ya gotta play piano for a holiday program on someone else's pristine white keys when ya got fingers that look to have been attacked by a single-edge razor. Holds up to several washings.

Haven't tested it in raw hamburger yet, though.  I'm thinking I oughta keep some tape handy...

Mark Potter