[pianotech] Winter

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 18:25:34 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 4:19 PM, Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

>  Ron, try this.
>>  Before you go to sleep, apply Vaseline or Neutrogena Norwegian Formula
>> Hand Cream liberally to your hands and cover with a white cotton surgical
>> glove. Cover that with latex gloves and keep it on all night. That will heal
>> most dry hand problems.
>>  Al Guecia
>>

> No thanks. I don't like the feel of the stuff.
> Ron N

Gee whiz, Ron. I'm assuming you don't like the feel of cracked fingertips
either ... or the feel of raw meat for two hours. To each his own, though.
<G>
Plain old petroleum jelly overnight works great for me when I have severely
dry and/or chapped hands.  I probably don't have the problem as bad as you,
but I do currently have splits on two fingertips.  What I'm doing is taping
the fingers as you described, but also putting a dab of petroleum
jelly right in the split.  Covered up with the tape, it lasts long enough to
do some real good, and fairly quickly.

--
JF