[pianotech] Steinway under lever tray

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Dec 13 17:12:49 PST 2008

  Paul
  The pictures....hopefully
  Dale

Paul the tray width is 3 inches.
  Pics later gotta gooooo..........
  Dale

-----Original Message-----
From: erwinspiano at aol.com
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Sent: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 8:03 am
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Steinway under lever tray

Thanks, Dale.  I do not have an old tray.

Paul C

0A

 Paul
 I beleive all underlever trays for s,m,o are the same up to the teflon era. Do you have any old trays from those models even back as far as 1900. The trays didn't change much if at all. If you ahve an old one... CHeck that dimension. I'll look in an hour or so & see what I have on the shelf.
  Dale
shop.  I need the dimension of the under lever tray measured from the flange rail to the front edge.  Please include the thickness of the tray.  I’m replacing the back action and cut the tray too narrow.  I took the dimensions from the original, not knowing the front piece was missing.  This is the grand that was in a flood, and there are a lot of little details missing e.g. all of the felt in the action was  gone.  The piano is about 95% finished, coming together very well.

Thanks to all who respond.

Paul C

Listen to 350+ music, sports, & news radio stations – including songs for the holidays – FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!