[pianotech] creaking damper pedal

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Tue Dec 16 16:49:47 PST 2008

First, tighten all screws.  It could be that you will eliminate movement
that will stop the noise.

- Tilt the piano back and tighten the screws holding the bottom board on -
check at the toe rail especially.
- Tighten the toe rail into the sides - don't know how Yamaha does this, but
there should be some screws inside.

Once everything's tight, then some felt strips should stop the noise.

Don Mannino