[pianotech] RPT Credibility and "Status"

tuner at helmsmusic.net tuner at helmsmusic.net
Thu Dec 18 10:34:31 PST 2008

It might be worthwhile to point out the REAL rules for advertisement of
PTG membership. James, you're right that you can advertise membership in
PTG, but ONLY if you include your registration status (Registered Piano
Technician or Associate Member). Whether in print or online, the letters
of that wording cannot be any smaller than the words "Piano Technicians
Guild" (excluding the logo, because it is designed that way). It's not ok
to advertise PTG membership without including your membership status.
Also, Associate Members are restricted from using the PTG logo or emblem.
That rule took effect December 31, 2007. No one outside the organization
is allowed to advertise any connection or association with PTG, as it is a
Registered Trademark. Hope that helps clear up some misinformation I've
seen posted!
--
Scott A. Helms, RPT
www.helmsmusic.net

> James-
>
> Duaine Hechler is not a member of PTG.
>
> Ed Sutton

 it's just you.  So if you want to have the RPT