[pianotech] RPT Credibility and "Status"

Starr Taylor st.piano at verizon.net
Fri Dec 19 05:06:14 PST 2008

Tom,

I've haven't been on the list in a few days, but I really appreciate your response to Duaine. We have a person in our chapter from Eastern Europe who bemoans the RPT status and whines about the effectiveness of the guild. Shortsided really, he forgets that I introduced him to the guy he bought his key machines from. He does beautiful keytop work and great work in general. I think the big issue is his trouble with the English language. Sometimes, we as people can be so stupid. How do I know this? Just ask me about my shortcomings ; - )

I hope your business is consistent. My customers keep calling and keep their appointments and this doesn't hurt the wallet. And I have a tech locally who is trusting me to install a soundboard in his Model B. Because of the guild, I know how have Dale Erwin as a mentor, Ray Negron and Jurgen Goering as new friends and I have a great chapter that is always helping me. I'm very happy to be a member of a group of elitist pig piano tuners ; - )

How are things? Are you installing SBs and have you used the Stanwood charts. This is such a fun business.

Merry Christman and best wishes to you and your family.

Starr

www.saintpiano.com

Tampa Bay Dealer for Charles R. Walter Pianos
The Best Boutique Instruments made in the USA

www.walterpiano.com