[pianotech] Tuning contest proposal

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 21 07:26:40 PST 2008

Tuners without arms should be allowed to become RPTs too.   We are discriminating against tuners without arms by not allowing an armless tuner to simply stare the piano into tune.   Hey, if his clients are happy (they're the deaf ones, hoping to become RPTs themselves one day) who's to say they shouldn't be RPTs?

Dead people also should be able to qualify.   After all, here in Chicago, they vote.  Why not allow them to take the RPT exam?   We could call them RPTs who RIP.

Tom Sivak
Chicago