[pianotech] scratch removal

CHARLES BECKER cbeckercpt at verizon.net
Sun Dec 21 09:22:35 PST 2008

I want to remove the surface  fingernail scratches on a Steinway fallboard and generally improve the overall look of the case.  Black (satin) finish.  I remember some postings about this in the past but can't gain access to the archives beyond the past two months.  McGuires auto  finishing polish?  Wool-wax and steel wool?  All suggestions welcome because it would be good to get this right the first time.  Happy Holidays  all.