[pianotech] Tuning contest proposal

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Sun Dec 21 09:30:40 PST 2008

The problem isn't nearly so much Duaine's participation, it's the way
everyone else reacts to it. If everyone ignored what they clearly perceive
as moronic ideas, instead of lashing out the way they do, he'd probably
more-or-less quietly retreat. Instead of talking down to him, the more
appropriate, more thoughtful, and vastly less cautic thing to do is present
your "better" idea in a helpful way. If he chooses to shoot back with his
Scud, nothing is helped by launching an SLBM in retaliation. Bad analogy,
perhaps, but still...

This forum is wide open to the public, so Jian Xiong the nurse in China or
Pill Bill the drug dealer in Ft. Sill or Tall Saul the preacher in St. Gaul
can sign up... as long as no one is abusive (even beyond the point that
people are being abusive to Duaine), the best recourse is not necessarily
shoving him out the door, but talking to other people who are having
discussions that are more pertinent to the party.

I thought (wrongly) (<hoped> may be a better word) that this thread had died
on the vine yesterday but lo and behold no no no, someone else had to chime
in and then it started all over again.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN