[pianotech] scratch removal

Elwood Doss edoss at utm.edu
Sun Dec 21 12:56:42 PST 2008

Along those lines, I would like to know about repairing scratches,
dings, worn spots on the edges and corners of pianos.  Also I was
wondering about a way to repair missing pieces of laminate on an ebony
piano.  It would be great to offer a class at the Convention Institute
on making quick repairs such as these.  Those I've attended have ended
up being someone pushing their product or showing off the work they have
done in restoration.  I'm not interested in that, but I'm very much
interested in knowing good tricks and tips on making home repairs on
scratches, dings, dints, missing laminate.

By the way, I'm planning to go to Grand Rapids this summer (provided my
wife's health holds...she was diagnosed with Stage IV gall bladder
cancer a year ago) just in case it's not too late to set up such a class
as I suggested.

Joy!

Elwood

Elwood Doss, Jr., M.M.E., RPT