[pianotech] RPT exam?

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Mon Dec 22 20:44:31 PST 2008

Part 1 is setting A4=440, then temperament and midrange (C3-B4), aurally.

How many hours have you practiced aural tuning, Duaine?

William R. Monroe

  Just to clarify, Part 1 is getting "A4" and setting the temperament.

  Isn't setting the temperament, using all the "note checks" ?

  If that's the case, then that's the part that I have trouble hearing. (I even attended an aural tuning class at a convention with Jim Coleman - and - just could not hear half of what he was trying to show me)

  With that said, then I'll never be able to pass the test - even - with the aid of the ETD.

  Duaine