[pianotech] RPT exam?

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Tue Dec 23 09:29:05 PST 2008

On Dec 22, 2008, at 10:16 PM, Raymond Irving wrote:

> Greeting all,
>
> I presume that many others on the list besides myself have benefited
> from the beat locator cards that Jim Coleman developed. An amazingly
> helpful tool to learn to recognize where the coincident partials
> are. The ghosting technique is one I use regularly also. Thanks to
> Tom for mentioning it.
>
> Ray Irving

Coleman's great tool is worth posting a reference to:

http://www.colemantools.com/

http://www.colemantools.com/images/beatlocator.jpg

Currently just $8, these two pieces of paper are calibrated to fit
behind the keys like the old "note speller", and easily show you where
the partials are (or should be!).  Complete with directions.  An
essential learning tool.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
ABQ, NM