[pianotech] Question of Protocol; was: but will it split

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Dec 26 13:01:45 PST 2008

Thanks David
 I have learned that the limitations of e-mail communication is that I can't see the normal body language cues & vocal inflections that accompany verbiage.  If there is a question as to intent...take it offline & simply ask. I'll bet any or most friction is eliminated or mitigated by using this suggestion. Been there done that.
 Sincerely
  Dale

Exactly. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. For example:

(DS)

If you were called upon to do a fine regulation of existing dampers, would you first pull the tray and install capstans?

(RN)
Stupid question. If you had to regulate a system with capstans, would you pull the tray and remove them? That's two stupid questions. Now what, are we done with that crap?

BOTH questions are stupid---or, more precisely, facetious and rhetorical, purely designed to irritate---and RN is simply, and self-deprecatingly, pointing out the truth by calling both questions, and all of the facetious leading questions that are asked around here, which  in my view you would never ask in person---they would sound aggressive, and mean, and, yes, stupid---crap. One person was not calling another person crap, or stupid. Emotions sometimes cloud our ability to perceive what's really going on.

I suggest 1. a closer, more thoughtful reading of any perceived slight, and 2. to just chill the *&%!! out. <g>

With love and respect---

David Andersen

On Dec 26, 2008, at 10:40 AM, Dean May=2