[pianotech] Question of Protocol; was: but will it split

Shawn Brock shawnbrock at fuse.net
Sat Dec 27 09:04:58 PST 2008

List,

I have not followed this thread so I don't have an opinion on who is right or wrong.  From what posts I have taken the time to read though the same old
point is driven home once again.  Some piano technicians think they are god, and no one else could work the miracles that they do and everyone other than
them is just s**t.  A colleague in the Cincinnati chapter once pointed this out to me.  I was vary arguable for a time thinking the technician just had
a chip on his shoulder.  The longer I'm around a large number of technicians though the more I think the colleague was correct in his thinking.  At one
time I would do anything to be a part of this list and all PTG chapter meetings and conventions.  My mind has changed though...  Its not worth it!  Its not
worth putting up with people who have such a bad attitude.  I just go to my appointments, do my shop work and try to keep my mouth shut.  Musicians are legendary for having large egos and most of my life I worked in that competitive throat cutting environment.  I have to tell you though piano technicians are just as egotistical, perhaps more so than the musicians they/we serve.  That is a true shame!  We work on perhaps the most primitive junk piles in the musical world but yet some of us think we are just the gods all pianists have been waiting fore.  Don't misunderstand me, I am not talking about any certain person, its just that this thread brought these ramblings to the front of my mind.  So, I guess that's all I have to say now.  I'm out to voice and tune an S&S B.

Shawn Brock, RPT
513-316-0563
www.shawnbrock.com