[pianotech] Player Piano Co. RIP

Rob & Helen Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Sun Dec 28 12:18:51 PST 2008

I haven't used PPCo consistently in years with rare exception, for example a
while back I needed an 'A' roll take up spool for a Coinola and it was
easier to get one from Durrell then make one, but I've found little they
have that I can't get elsewhere better or for less.  Their Wurly valve
blocks have been nothing short of grotesque for years and most other items
can be made.  Without regard they were one of my first introductions to
parts supplies that got me interested in doing fine pneumatic restoration
work.  It's a shame the company will be gone and will be missed.  If I were
to take a wild guess I'd say Schaff would be the likely candidate to buy out
the remaining inventory.  I still have one of their original catalogues from
years ago when the company was bigger.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV