[pianotech] Strength Of Baldwin Name in China

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 11:56:23 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 5:05 AM, J Patrick Draine <jpdraine at gmail.com>wrote:

> Michael, Interesting story but your final conjecture is fatally flawed.
> The North Korean borders are far from fluid.
> Patrick Draine
>
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Michael Magness <IFixPianos at yahoo.com>wrote:
>

>> My guess would be some perhaps many of those Baldwins managed to cross the
>> border into North Korea and on into China, making them the best known
>> American brand.
>> Just a theory based on the facts I was given.

Hi Patrick,
I would agree completly that is the case today. I am however referring to
postwar Korea of the early and mid 50's and on into the 60's when things
weren't as rigid and as easily patrolled as they are with the technology of
today.
I was also thinking of more like a black market type of thing rather than
people just carting them across the DMZ!
(g)
Mike

--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404